Well better late then never 😉 I’ll give a small overview of my current progress in my cycling website.
So the real purpose is to have all available cycling network points charted onto a Google maps interface. This with the extra ability to create your own routes offline and share them with other people.
What’s currently available
- I charted a small portion of available network points at the north of Mechelen
- I added a bunch of network points from around Brugge
- You can select network points that are connected through a route to build up your own cycling route
- When you composed a route, you can save it and share it through a special designated url
- You can also, during composition of your route, always clear the last selected network point
What’s currently on track for improvement ( some are up in a land of far far far far away 😉 )
- Possibility to enter a location and jump to that location on the map
- Get detailed route GPS information to show ‘nice’ tracks on the Google map
- Give a clean printable overview page of the Google map and the network points selected
- Let people add points of interest
- Suggest a route between two distant network points
- Update the design
- Able to upload / download routes through GPX or KML
But still anybody who wants to help in any way ( programming, design or providing route data ), can always contact me through the contact form here on the blog ( upper right corner ).