Taste >> Red Wine

Sometimes we like to drink some wine at home ! Mostly during the weekends. Not only while we are eating but also when enjoying a good movie or sitting outside on the terrace.

There are many different tastes and I’m for sure not an expert in this matter… but I wanted to share my favourite red wine ( for several years in fact ) !

First let me point out how I first came in contact with my favourite wine !! Well, my wine shopping is done in 3 categories :

  1. The wine for ‘those special occasions’, nice dinners and our own favourites, are all bought at our local wine shop called Het wijnhuis. They offer very good service and keep track of my buing habbits
  2. Wine for normal get togethers or family dinners are coming from our local mall Delhaize. They offer a wide range of wines and are know for their good selection.
  3. BBQ wines ( big party drinks ) are coming from another local mall where price is more an issue then superb taste, although they still are enjoyable to drink ! Aldi is what I’m speaking about.

But back to how I got to know the wine… well several times a year het wijnhuis will invite all their customers for an ‘open wine day’ and provide you with a small selection of their own ! So you pay them a visit during that day and are presented with the wines on their selection list, to sample a taste !

So on one of these events, I was presented with the following wine : Academia del Sole – Negroamaro Sangiovese – Puglia. It’s a wine from the winery Calatrasi, situated in the south of Italy near Palermo.


The wine itself concists out of 2 grape selections, 60% of the Negroamaro, a specific grape for the region of Puglia and the other 40% is the Sangiovese. The combination is just perfect ! ( for my taste that is 🙂 )

On a side note… there is also a ‘rosato’ wine that I like very much that also features this Negroamaro grape, called Quatroventi Rosato. And looking at some web review, I’m not the only one :), read about it here !

For all people who are hooked on the internet, there is also a very nice wine log website to keep track of your own favourites online : WineLog.net. Here is my current log record – Depechie’s wine list.

Technorati tags: , , , ,


Well I got a stickie from Young Cray Foul and I’m happy to share my favourites !! So here goes…

* My favourite “grab-a-bite”

I like Asian food very much, so when I get a chance I’ll grab a bite at the Wok Away in Antwerpen !! I just love that Shanghai Syndrome.

* My favourite shop in town

Ooh this is difficult, because I have several… but here are 3 big major shops.

  1. The Puma store on the Meir in Antwerpen for all my clothes
  2. The Bilbo music store in Antwerpen for my cd’s
  3. The Mediamarkt in Antwerpen for my dvd’s

* My favorite restaurant

Damn this one isn’t easy either !! But let’s face it I’m a sucker for Asian and Italian food so…

  1. The Lucy Chang for all Asian delights
  2. Gusto for all Mediterran food ( no pizza though 🙂 )

* My favorite “take my friends when in town”

I also don’t get out that much to go and have a drink… but in Antwerpen any nice café will do 😉

Home Cinema Setup

I’m a sucker for movies… so during the past years, I’ve been investing in a Home Cinema Setup ! Now that we live in a new house, the final pieces are coming together.

I have a good dvd player, a nice surround receiver, part upgraded 6.1 speaker setup and an universal remote control, so I don’t have to use 5 controls to watch one movie 🙂 .

Naturally I still have some issues about the setup, like the television should be replaced and the receiver actually lacks some new features that have come available during the past years. But that’s all future stuff, the one thing I would love to add right now is some home cinema decoration !!

Yep, I’m proud of my setup and I would love to show of some of the features available ! My current receiver has following 2 main sound processing decoders…

Logo_Dolby_Digital_EX_II Logo_DTS_ES

And during the search for my hardware I’ve found several sites where they sell this kind of Logo’s as shields for display !! One of these examples can be found here at Movie Decor Shop.

But there is one HUGE problem… I live in Belgium ( Europe ) and it seems that we are out of luck to get these props ! So my first question would be, does anybody have a trip to the USA planned this year ??

Getting a dead end is no fun, so I searched further and found out that some other guys also had the same problem… and they had a great solution ( even though I consider this a temporary solution I’m still sharing it, because it’s cool 🙂 ). They made some high res versions of the logos and just had them printed out like real pictures !! I have to say the result is pleasing. Here are the ones they’ve used :

DOLBY dts2

Not bad at all, but it’s not the final result I’m hoping for ! So if there is anyone out there that can help me get these shields, please help me out !!

Technorati tags: , , , , ,